Wednesday, January 30, 2013

well, I learned an important lesson

I decided to hop the wordpress.org bandwagon officially - not leaving blogger, but having another place to blog, I suppose sort of as backup. I had thought of doing this a few months ago, but for some reason or another, I hadn't until recently (I have a wordpress.com now, but it's just where I'm importing my current posts.) - so I was all excited about making my own domain name when I found out that you could do it "free"...then I found out about their secure domain names through wordpress sponsored sites, so I looked into the three that wordpress offers, the first one, bluehost is the one I sided with.

Wrong move. I had to cancel my credit card because their "3.95/mo" ended up being a repeat 142.00 withdrawal from my account repeatedly.

Luckily, since this only happened yesterday, and I went to my bank first thing in the morning, they cancelled my card before anything could really happen, and they're shipping me a new one. Minor inconvenience, and I was late to class, but that's fine because now I know that my money is secure, and I'm probably never going to try and buy a domain name again...

So, I got to class, still sore from monday's session (I never really did my stretches that I meant to do on tuesday because of work...), and anything I had to do that involved my abs really hurt to do...I walked in, class was dark, and they were doing ab work...this was the antonym of fun for me (I do actually use that phrase a lot in real life..."antonym of fun", 'cuz I'm a nerd).

But I got to hang out with some friends, which was fun. I've been fiddling a lot with the internet, so I've got my about.me up now, I don't know why I didn't make one sooner. It was so simple. the only thing I don't like is that I've been trying to add my instagram and twitter for like 20 minutes, and I think it's not working... oh well.


that's all for now, guys. I hope we all have fun on superbowl Sunday. Anyone got plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages